Each of us are UNIQUE and BEAUTIFUL with no one the same!

Each of us are UNIQUE and BEAUTIFUL with no one the same!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

DEPRESSION


I am beginning to read through Lamentations and reading over Godly individuals that lamented and were having feelings of depression. I have had the feelings of depression for several months now. From my experience I can say I am not feeling God, I am not hearing from Him, and I don't feel Him holding me either. The silly thing is I know He is holding me even though I don't feel it. Is that an oxymoron? I envision that beautiful painting/poem "Foot Prints in the Sand". It shows the picture of footprints and says, when you didn't see two sets of foot prints, it was then that I carried you. I hope to look back on this season and can say that.

I cry too. I am good one day then the next I just cry. I have been thinking when I am in Heaven that Jesus will say, "Come here". He will open a door and show me all my tears that he saved and that I wasn't alone. He was there. He is here, He really, really is here. Even though I don't feel Him, I know He is here.

I am going to be okay, this too shall come to pass. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

This is what wikipedia says about lament:
laments simply being "appeals for divine help in distress". [7] These laments, too, often have a set format: an address to God, description of the suffering/anguish which one seeks relief, a petition for help and deliverance, a curse towards one's enemies, an expression of the belief of ones innocence or a confession of the lack thereof, a vow corresponding to an expected divine response, and lastly, a song of thanksgiving.

I tell you I am lamenting today. Maybe I'll lament tomorrow. All I know is that in the midst of my feelings, in the midst of poverty/lack there of, I will PRAISE the Lord. I will seek Him continually day and night. I will stand on His promises. I will wait expectantly.

I love you LORD and I lift up my voice in PRAISE to you. Today is a BEAUTIFUL today full of bright sun. Today was relaxing by the pool, today LORD you are here. Even though I don't feel you or hear you---I see you in all CREATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment